AWAN GROUP DEVELOPERS INC.
BURKA ARCHITECTS INC.
During the 1850's, Highland Creek was considered the largest residential and business centre in the former Township of Scarborough, containing a school, Presbyterian, Catholic, and Methodist churches, and a number of general stores, blacksmith shops and hotels. It wasn't until the 1950's that the community evolved into the predominantly low-rise residential neighbourhood, including an open space and a core commercial area along Old Kingston Road that exists today.
Situated in the heart of this historic Village at the intersection of Old Kingston Road and Morrish Road, this mixed use three storey residential condominium has become the centre of attention and discussion within the community.
Initially, the proposal was met with opposition, however, through community consultation and extensive coordination with the City of Toronto, MHBC was able to achieve a design that compliments the architectural heritage of the existing building stock in the village and provides a cornerstone landmark for the community and future generations to come.